I am sorry if you anticipated this blog being about Alex P. Keaton, Mallory Keaton, and the other members of the 1980's hit.
One of my greatest joys in life is being around the people that made me who I am today. I thank God for the mother and father who, for so long and still do today, hold me to a higher standard, a standard that God would hopefully be proud of. I will always cherish the relationship I have with my brother, one of my best friends. He has taught me so much about being a servant, one who loves God. My sister has taught be the joys of giving and happiness. What a wonderful surprise it was to the Wills family when Ashley became a part of this world.
There are so many extended family members that hold a special place in my heart. These are the people who, although we only get to see them sparingly throughout the years, have reminded me of the importance of sacrificing your own time and schedule to spend quality time with your lineage. I miss my grandparents who have passed. What a great example they set for me with there time on Earth. I am grateful for Leslie and Wilda Lancaster who taught me how to be thankful and to enjoy the simple things in life. I will never forget Eula Wills and the tremendous heart that her and Donald showed when they adopted my father and gave my family a chance to be. And to Lisa, a wonderful cousin, who is dearly missed. She was the oldest out of the cousins and was always looked up to. I will always remember your compassion and tenderness. Even though we feel that you missed out on a full life, we know that God is enjoying your company.
To my lovely wife: Thank you for teaching me so many things about Jesus, the model. I hadn't known, until I met Amanda, how giving a person can be. Hours upon hours of her time is spent giving notes and cards and gifts to those that are probably not even expecting anything . I will cherish the reminders of how to use self control when the Cardinals lose. (She must have inherited that from mom and pop.)
God is the Giver of Good Gifts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment