Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Jalking

Amanda and I found out a few weeks ago that we would be going to Mustang Island (just off the coast from Corpus Christi) for a week long vacation at the beginning of July. So obviously, we felt the need to get our "bods" ready!

So we have been taking a few nights out of the week to go to a neighborhood park and "jalk" a few laps a night. "Jalk" meaning walk a bit then jog a bit.

Let me preface this by saying I am totally encouraged by wife and the effort that she has shown through this "training." But it has been a challenge for me because all I have ever done was run, run, run. I have been a part of athletics all my life and luckily it has never been a problem for me to just go out a run. Well this is a new world for me. My wife, as she says, "doesn't run."

But what I have found in these 20 minute outings is more important to me than any exercise I could do. We are actually able to "talk while we jalk." Something that you can't do alot of when you run. So this experience has been extremely beneficial to me and I am so glad we get the time to "jalk" together.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I miss "jalking" with you since we haven't been able to the last few days! I'm looking forward to our next excursion and getting our "bods" ready for Mustang Island! Love ya Babe!